Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Port Town Pilsner | San Pedro Brewing Company

3.01/5
Okay

San Pedro Brewing Company
sanpedrobrewing.com

Style: German Pilsener

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by DoubleJ on 06-01-2012

3.78/5  rDev +25.6%

Some complaints from other reviewers are definitely present, but I actually really enjoyed this beer. I find the astringency nice in a weird way. Not a lot of balance but very tasty, also my girlfriends favorite from the flight. Reminds me of a sweeter kolsch.

2.25/5  rDev -25.2%

2.37/5  rDev -21.3%

Pours a clear golden/straw color with a huge white head. Nose is just awful. Buttery with lots of green apples, corn, and grain husk. Tastes of buttered popcorn, green apple, and grain husk with a mild yeast and hop note. Sort of bitter and astringent, too. This was just bad.

2.66/5  rDev -11.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

Now on to the Round 2, and on to the beer:

Pale gold colored beer, which provides reasonably head retention and a more than fair share of lace. One sniff brings to mind graham crackers. No real hoppiness to find. With that in mind, the flavor doesn't surprise me a whole lot. Despite the pilsner monikor, this beer is sweet. Honey and a kiss of graham crackers, no bitterness found, just a sweet tasting beer. And a little too sweet. It's light bodied, and is reasonably crisp.

I can't say that I'm a fan of this. Not much of a pilsner to this. Next round....

Port Town Pilsner from San Pedro Brewing Company