Barley's Lame Duck Imperial Pilsner | Barley's Brewing Company

Barley's Brewing Company
Ohio, United States
barleysbrewing.com

Style: American Double / Imperial Pilsner

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by TurdFurgison on 09-13-2008

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
3.53/5  rDev 0%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

I had this on tap from Barley's. The beer was hazy and light straw colored, almost like a witbier. The smell was under-hopped, kind of a maltier version of a pilsner. The taste was malty-sweet, a little bready, very good. There's a lot of range to the pilsner style I guess, I prefer the hoppier versions but this one tasted very nice. The body was heavier than your average beer but not as substantial as I like from an "Imperial" nameplate. Very good, easy-drinking, I couldn't detect the alcohol and don't know the ABV.

I love Sam Adams Imperial Pilsner, which has become my reference point for this style, so my rating was made with that in mind.

Barley's Lame Duck Imperial Pilsner from Barley's Brewing Company