Troll I.P.A. | Birrificio Troll

Troll I.P.A.Troll I.P.A.

Birrificio Troll
Italy
birratroll.it

Style: English India Pale Ale (IPA)

Availability: Spring

Added by Suds on 06-20-2008

3.38/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

From a 750 ml bottle, this beer pours a rich amber color with a soapy and dense, clingly head. The beer has a notable herbal hop aroma. Not a fresh, citric hop IPA at all, but still, there's plenty of hop flower smell in this beer. The taste is sweet and a little fruity in the foretaste (peach?). There's a lot of bitterness that starts in the midtaste and continues long into the finish. The malt is very slightly caramel flavored, and could be a little more pronounced. The hops are very appealing, and are really the center of this beer. All in all, this is an okay IPA...could have a little more complexity on both sides of the balance. Still, quite drinkable, and enjoyable.

4.01/5  rDev 0%

Deep honey color, with a very beautiful beige head, very very compact and creamy.
Hopped smell, intense, strong. The right malty base. English hop, with some touches of peppery.
Aromatic, very intriguing. Heather?
Bitter taste, intense, full. Good maltiness, great balance.
Notes of tea, and a touch of orange marmelade. Very good.
In the aftertaste again a great orange marmelade, and a long, bitter hop.
Great drinkability.