Pumpkin Brewster | Sixpoint Brewery

3.7

3.75/5  rDev +1.4%

3.5/5  rDev -5.4%

4.85/5  rDev +31.1%

Had filled this one at the growler station at Bierkraft. Server said there was honey and ginger and even whole pumpkin in it. Read about it online too. Poured real nice and clear and had a taste of ginger and spice and hops in it. Even a little bit of maple syrup. Hops where there but subdued. Which is good because the spices came through better. Carbonation full and rich. Overall an outstanding beer and the most drinkable pumpkin I had. But I still think Weyerbachers is better but this one was darn good too.

LOVE PUMPKIN AND WAITING FOR FALL AGAIN.

2.64/5  rDev -28.6%

I had this on cask during craft beer week, and then just an hour ago on tap at Washington Commons in Brooklyn. I'm usually a huge fan of Six Point, being local to it, but I'm disappointed in this one. It just seems flat to me.

The appearance is solid, with a half finger of head and nice rich autumn mix of orange, amber, and brown. The smell had hardly any pumpkin in it for me, and didn't really carry anything at all. Maybe my nose is off, but it just didn't seem inviting. As for the taste, there is a subtle hint of pumpkin in the undertones in the middle, and the rest is spice. I hate giving anything from Sixpoint a 2 in this category, but I was not impressed. The finish was off too. I have a feeling there will be supporters who find that subtlety intriguing, or the flavors appealing, but this is not a pumpkin ale for everyone.

As for mouthfeel - it's medium bodied and very smooth, probably its best characteristic. Drinkability is good if the flavor does it for you. All in all, I'll be sticking with another pumpkin ale from Brooklyn this fall.

3.65/5  rDev -1.4%

Had on-tap at Mac's in Philly.

Pours a hazy dark amber brown color with a bit of sandy head. Smell is some pumpkin, some spice, and a bit of sweet rye-bready malt. Flavor is decent, but a bit off in my opinion. It starts slow, with little impact on the front of the palate, but then finishes strong with some nice spice notes and a bit of malt. Decent mouthfeel, medium, maybe a tad too much carbonation for my likes. A good drink, it was a nice brew to have in the fall while watching football.

Pumpkin Brewster from Sixpoint Brewery