Hoppy Hour White IPA

Gots
SCORE
Very Good
Hoppy Hour White IPAHoppy Hour White IPA
Notes: We are continuing our double IPA series with a white double IPA for the summer. This beer combines the Witbiers of Belgium and Strong American IPA's. The "piney" flavor of the Simcoe hops punctuate the west coast influences. Still true to the Witbier its still made with orange peel and coriander.
Reviews: 4 | Ratings: 11
3.5/5  rDev -3.8%

L: A hazy gold pour looks like a snow globe particle storm old raging beneath a 1” sudsy foam cap.
S: Some citrus and spice aromas manage to escape from the glass but the nose is pretty muted.
T: Creamy, malty fruit – especially pineapple with a strong suspicion of oxidation and wet cardboard and an assertive bitter finish.
F: Medium body and carbonation.
O: My rating is generous. Probably over the hill but not much there to begin with.

3.29/5  rDev -9.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Bought as single botles at Total Wine in April '16. If we had know this was 10 months old, would have passed. Score as it is now. Will try fresh - most of the subtle flavors are gone.

3.98/5  rDev +9.3%

Poured from 12oz bottle into a pint glass.

Appearance: light gold hue with a light haze and a strong effervescence. Head is a finger of creamy white foam. Reminds me more of a witbier than an IPA, which I think is probably good for a "White IPA". I like it.

Smell: a nice, refreshing wheaty malt character with a good hop nose of noble and citrus hops; there's a dash of lemon character here which works really well. I really rather like it.

Taste: sweet malt with a really big hop character; strong in flavor and strongish in bitterness. Again, they are lemony, citrusy, nobley hops, which I really rather like. This beer works for me.

Mouthfeel: medium body with a decent carbonation and creaminess for the style. A little more thickness would be wonderful here.

Overall: I like this beer a lot. It is highly flavorful, so not really a session beer, but I really enjoy it.

3.54/5  rDev -2.7%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

A good floral aftertaste, but not much else. I didn't get much of a alcohol feel, like I expected. Instead I got a decent, albeit under-performing, IPA.

Hoppy Hour White IPA from Millstream Brewing Company