White Weasel Ale | Northwoods Brewpub and Grill

White Weasel AleWhite Weasel Ale

Northwoods Brewpub and Grill
Wisconsin, United States
northwoodsbrewpub.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Added by BeerAdvocate on 04-03-2002

Reviews: 5 | Ratings: 5
Reviews by Snow81:
3.13/5  rDev +19%

Appearance: Dirty yellow, Golden!

Smell: grass with a hint of spunkiness

Head: Little head that dissipates quickly

Taste: Malty, grass, just a hint of hops

Weight: Light on the palate

Finish: Malty sweet, No other tasting notes come to mind when it leaves my palate so fast

2.85/5  rDev +8.4%

Good beery smell for what they're serving as a "light." Some malt does come through, but there is a definite taste of adjuncts. A slightly metallic tang like most light beers I've had, but still some substance. Properly pale for the style.

4.12/5  rDev +56.7%

This hazy light blonde brew thows a thin-laced white head. The aroma is great. It is malty and sweet, like a good kolsch rather than a bock. Has a bit of tanginess to it. Light in body and easy drinking. Can taste bits of malt and little to no hops. This is actually pretty tasty for a "light ale" as their website describes it. I could throw back a handful of these pretty easily and quickly after an afternoon of bailing hay or shoveling manure.

This is my second of six brews I've tried from Northwoods and I am pretty impressed so far. I may need to take a trip to Eau Claire soon and visit this brewpub.

1.5/5  rDev -43%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Appearance: Pours a thin, clear yellow body with a small white head.

Smell: Lactic, soured wheat aroma. Ugh, everything's all messed up!

Taste: Good grief. Extremely lactic taste overall, a hint of adjuncts here and there, but it's simply unfinishable. Lord knows I tried!

Mouthfeel: Light-bodied. Mild carbonation.

Drinkability: "White weasel" has since become sort of a colloquial saying around these parts.

1.57/5  rDev -40.3%

Pours out pale straw and sits light gold in the glass with a small white head. Poor head retention.

Smells of sweet lemony malty sweetness. Leaf-like aromas and a bit of graininess. Not much to be said about this one.

Tastes faintly sweet, light malt character minimal hop intrusion. Light zesty lemon flavor and a sharp grain-like flavor. Finish is lightly bitter with lingering graininess.

Light bodied with tact carbonation and little in terms of "feel," as in I don't want to "feel" this in my mouth anymore. Bland as hell, I don't see any reason to ever try this out again. I think this is the 4th example of a macro oreinted beer from NB&G that I've tried. I don't see a whold lot of difference between any of them, so my question is why make all of them? Hell, they could all be the same beer.

White Weasel Ale from Northwoods Brewpub and Grill