Firehouse Diego Especial | The Firehouse Brewing Co.

Awaiting More Ratings
Firehouse Diego EspecialFirehouse Diego Especial

The Firehouse Brewing Co.
firehousebrew.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Silenus89 on 01-11-2010

2.73/5  rDev +2.6%

A - Pored a golden color with a white head that leaves lacing behind

S - Is of sweet grainy malt and corn

T - Follows the nose with sweet grainy malt and corn there was also some vegi flavor too

M - This beer has a light body with medium carbonation to it

D - This wouldn't be my first choice of beer from these guys fairly average but could be better

2.93/5  rDev +10.2%

Had this at a friends in keg form. I went out of my way to find a glass for this. The appearance is light yellow with a fizzy head that diminished shortly to a small ring.

Smells of wheat with corn and rice notes.

Tastes much like other mexican lagers i've had but has some mild hops but a strange bitterness I couldnt figure out; the finish was rather creamy that I enjoyed. I don't think a lime in this would help any of the flavors and certainly wouldnt make it more refreshing.

Mouthfeel was light and watery, but I would say it definitely beats any macro lagers out there.

Drinkability is high because its so light and something that could produce a nice session. I found the bitterness of it to be way too much; it wasnt a pleasant or hoppy bitterness by any means.

This is an easy drinking mexican style lager that I would much rather have than the widely available macro lagers. Non beer advocates agreed with me on this.

Firehouse Diego Especial from The Firehouse Brewing Co.