Jong Bruin Kriek Vieux Foudre

Notes:
Reviews: 5 | Ratings: 29 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
JamieDuncan from Maryland

4.77/5  rDev +15.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Had on tap at Resolute release fest at Brothers brewing in Harrisonburg. Very enjoyable Kriek. Impressive offering from Bullfrog, I will have to try more of them.

Nov 12, 2016
IvoryFoxhole from Virginia

4.09/5  rDev -1.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Poured on 9/24/16 at Aslin's 1st Anniversary celebration. These are my notes.

L: dark brown (!) little bit of head and ring

S: sour cherries and yeast

T: sour cherries and yeast

F: light bodied light to medium carb balance heroic in terms of keeping the sour cherries and yeast from running away with the whole thing. very drinkable.

O: Really wish I wasn't about 11 pours deep when this one came around. Think they do a great job of balancing the flavors and need to try this place next time I am in Williamsport, PA.

Oct 01, 2016
DIM from Pennsylvania

4.21/5  rDev +1.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Plenty of sour cherry character without too much acidity. I also found some green apple, apple cider vinegar, and while I'm not sure if this is barrel aged, I think I did taste some oakiness. Not Rodenbach, but this was damn good!

Jun 13, 2016
Cylinsier from Pennsylvania

4.49/5  rDev +8.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

tap

Pours a dark opaque brown, no light penetration except at the very edges, with a ring of eggshell head.

Smells of tart cherries, citrus, green apple, and malt vinegar.

Taste of cherries, apple, dry sourdough bread malts, and a hint of an oakey wood finish.

Medium body with a stinging carbonation on the tongue.

Delicious sour brew with lots of great flavor and aroma. Really wouldn't be able to separate this in a taste test from Flemish exports. Stands up to any of the better Flemish style sours you can get in my opinion.

Jun 08, 2016
Lucular from Maryland

4.45/5  rDev +7.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Reminded me of Rodenbach Grand Cru. Slightly oaky and absolutely delicious! Bullfrog does amazing things with sour beers and I highly recommend trying them whenever they're on tap. Now if only I could get to their bottle releases...

Feb 17, 2015