Octoberfest | Sin City Brewing Co.

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Sin City Brewing Co.
Nevada, United States
sincitybeer.com

Style: Märzen / Oktoberfest

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Duplicate of Sin City Amber.

Added by mynie on 07-15-2010

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 7
Reviews by jeff96gt:

2.79/5  rDev +3%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

2.72/5  rDev +0.4%

3.6/5  rDev +32.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

Came across this tiny place while coming off the monorail into the Flamingo & made a point to come back to sample their wares. Sin City with its own rep. Excellent!

Pours a crimson-stained brown, clear, filtered. The smell is the brews weak point, although that may have been caused by the fouling of the air by the prevalent Las Vegas smoke. Man, am I not used to being in smoky bars any more. Long live smoking bans!

Sin City Octoberfest is a pure-bred malt bomb. If there was an I.B.U. rating available for this bully, it would read in negative numbers; I'm pretty sure the brewer who made this hadn't ever seen hops. The coffee, taffy, caramel maltiness in this is clean & tasty. I'm not a big fan of malt-heavy stuff, but I liked this. And despite the limitations of the plastic glass, I would have happily swilled this for hours.

Good stuff. Sorry that I couldn't make it back to sample any other wares of this brewery.

3.5/5  rDev +29.2%

3.03/5  rDev +11.8%

1.58/5  rDev -41.7%

(I know that the amber is listed on this site as a Marzen, but this was on a separate tap--alongside the amber--and was billed as a seasonal).

Plastic cup poured somehwere on the strip, in the walkway to the Flamingo.

Yes, it's spelled with a c.

This is maybe the worst marzen I've ever had. If something like this came out of a bottle I would have figured it was very stale--maybe, seeing as this is July, this is from the past fall. But it's completely unacceptable for a brewpub to serve beer that's that old, so even if this is stale it still deserves a rotten review.

The pour was fine but everything else was way off for the style. The aroma was sweet and fruity, far from the biscuity maltiness that you normally find in a marzen. If someone had just asked me to smell it I would have thought it was a middling attempt at an east coast APA.

The flavor is rotten. Apple juice and cigarette ash. It's not even discernibly beery, and I don't mean that in the "this beer tastes wacky," fruitbeer or wild ale sense. I mean it in the "this tastes like mud" sense. Awful.

Octoberfest from Sin City Brewing Co.