Porter Cerise | Le Cheval Blanc

Style: American Porter

Added by Yoonisaykul on 04-01-2010

3.42/5  rDev 0%

From notes

A- Black with brown highlights. No head, only brown fluffy ring and peninsula in the center.

S- Really nice strawberry smell. One of the most natural I've had the chance to smell. Chocolate comes in second. The last third of my serving allowed some clear red licorice to come through.

T- Much like the smell, cherry is dominant, seems more artificial though. Slight chocolate finish. Not rich dark chocolate like a lot of good stouts. More like some sort of cheap black forest cake...with water. Sour and bitter are very present tastes, but I don't quite know how to describe them more except they lack quality. The last sip had the cherry taste of cherry cough syrup. Didn't ruin the whole taste but...Cherry cough syrup is disgusting.

M- Wasn't expecting such high carbonation from a porter. Pretty thin, I'm sure this would be better if thicker and flatter.

D- Okay. One 14 oz was perfect. No need for more.

Not disappointed I tried it, but I am disappointed in the beer. It could of offered a much deeper experience, but I guess being simpler and lighter helps with catering to a larger audience.

Porter Cerise from Le Cheval Blanc