Imperial India | Le Cheval Blanc

Added by Yoonisaykul on 12-15-2010

3.5/5  rDev 0%

4.02/5  rDev 0%

Excited to try this.

A- Very hazy orange. Thin krausen looking head. Some creepy spiderweb lacing.

S- Very similar to a fresh cut pink grapefruit. Not very strong but very good. Gets kind of barfy as it warms.

T- An even stronger grapefruit but its not as close to the real thing. Really surprising how the malt and hops really meld into a single flavor while remaining complex. Cane Water. Soapy but kind of pleasing. Grape fruit sticks around for a good while in the aftertaste.

M- Full with what seems like hop oils effectively countering the dryness and some of the astringency. Low to very low carbonation. Almost feels like a cask pint.

D- Very good. Alcohol hides well. Not the cleanest drinking beer but it is refreshing.

Glad they make this and that I got a chance to drink it. Didn't blow me away like many good dipas I've tried but I would buy this if it was to be bottled. This just ain't "imperial" enough for me but now that i think of it its an imperial india rouge (red) not a IIPA and the first one I've ever tasted so maybe this is how its should taste.

Imperial India from Le Cheval Blanc