Willoughby Rapier Witt | Willoughby Brewing

Style: Witbier

Added by unit555 on 07-25-2005

Reviews by unit555:
3.9/5  rDev +8.9%

I have limited experience with this type of beer but I found it to be excellent. The beer is cloudy and the head is thin but there is extensive lacing on the glass.

There are strong tastes fo fruit and spice. Lemon and oprange were the most obvious to me but the complexity of the taste goes beyond my palate.

The mouthfeel is very smooth which I found odd in a lightly colored beer. It is easy to drink and perfect for a hot summer day.

3.84/5  rDev +7.3%

I had this on a visit to Ohio. this was the third beer I had here and wasn't expecting much. The beer was yellow with hints of orange and very cloudy with a thin white head. There were hints of orange on the nose and some clove/corriander spices, not much on the nose. The taste made up for the smell, lots of orange and spices, a real good mix of both. The mouthfeel was a bit more full than expected but it works great; making a very refeshing and tasty beer.

Willoughby Rapier Witt from Willoughby Brewing