Pumkin Ale | Willoughby Brewing

Style: Pumpkin Ale

Availability: Fall

Added by adamette on 11-12-2009

3.25/5  rDev +0.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.69/5  rDev +13.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.22/5  rDev -0.6%

From notes at the brewery: An absolute fall classic! 150 pounds of pumpkins from Patterson's Fruit Farm were sacrificed to create this unique, yet most popular ale. Medium bodied with subtle hints of pumpkin spice, this beer has been known to be called "pumpkin pie in a glass." 4.6% ABV 11 IBU's

A Basic orange brown translucent body under a brief, light brown head. 3.0

S Nutmeg, cinnamon predominate over a bed of pumpkin smells. You know, it does kind of smell like pumpkin pie. 3.5

T Rather basic tasting pumpkin ale really. Moderate malt, some hops, the pumpkin predominates in the taste where the spices really came through for the smell. 3.0

M Thin. I like pumpkin ales to have more body to them. 2.0

D Good (the point I think) 4.0

Notes: Unfortunately a very basic pumpkin ale from my most local brewery, only about 5 miles from my home. I have had several beers that were good from them but this is pedestrian and therefore puts it a category with most of the beers that I have had from them.

Pumkin Ale from Willoughby Brewing