Crater Lake Golden Ale | Klamath Basin Brewing Co. - The Creamery Brew Pub And Grill

Awaiting More Ratings

Klamath Basin Brewing Co. - The Creamery Brew Pub And Grill
Oregon, United States
kbbrewing.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by RedDiamond on 10-03-2005

Reviews by SurlyDuff:
3.5/5  rDev 0%

Had this on-tap at the BendBrewfest.
A good malty ale. The Goldens are not my favorite style, but I think this actually reminds me more of an amber or pale ale. For starters, it's a light amber color, with a thin head and good retention of lacing.

Smell is a bit doughy with malty notes.

It tastes great. Very smooth going down. Again, bready taste and hardly any hop flavors to speak of.

THis was my first (and still only) brew I've had from Klamath Basin, but next time i'm down in Klamath Falls, the brewpub is at the top of my list!

3.56/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

This is Klamath Basin’s flagship beer and I’m glad to see it’s improved somewhat since KBB opened the doors to its new brewpub. The old Crater Lake Golden needed some polish. The new Golden has an inviting malt aroma with good malt character and English style bittering. I’d call this more of a pale ale than a golden as it's actually dark amber, but I won’t split hairs on the designation. Crater Lake has perky carbonation, ghostly lacing, and a slight vanilla flavor that echoes the presence of the house yeast strain. Recommended.

Crater Lake Golden Ale from Klamath Basin Brewing Co. - The Creamery Brew Pub And Grill