Bare Island Blonde Ale | Klamath Basin Brewing Co. - The Creamery Brew Pub And Grill

Awaiting More Ratings

Klamath Basin Brewing Co. - The Creamery Brew Pub And Grill
Oregon, United States
kbbrewing.com

Style: American Blonde Ale

Formerly called "8 Second Ale"

Added by RedDiamond on 07-19-2008

3.35/5  rDev +10.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

2.5/5  rDev -17.5%

3.1/5  rDev +2.3%

22 oz from Roths Sunnyside store in South Salem. $2.99 Plain golden ,clear yellow in appearance..small white bubbly, head. Aroma is very well filled with cereal type aromas..not corn..but very wheaty...slight peanut for some reason. Plain malty,caramel..taste..straight forward..but breaks up in the end. Palate is fine..thin and drinkable..what it was intended for. Plain drinkable beer over all. OK

The menu at The Creamery lists 8 Second Ale as "brewed for our cowboys in the Klamath Basin." I believe its name is intended to suggest the amount of time necessary to convert that "macro" cowboy to a craft beer geek if presented with this particular ale.

It is, as you may imagine, a beer of modest stature; banana yellow, crystal clear, and built on the premise that less is more. It has no aroma and shows no head or lace. I'm told it's a very popular beer at The Creamery - no doubt for its conservative lack of charisma. I overheard a man at the table next to me ask simply for a "pint of beer" and this is what he got.

Sure, I try to keep an open mind about so-called "crossover" beers. But it was 95-degrees outside when I stepped in for a pint of 8 Seconds and a concurrent pint of ice water, and I think I preferred the ice water. In the laziness of the afternoon I let my mind wander and the image came to mind of a friend of Snow White's - a dwarf named Bashful. Hmmm. Now why is it this beer conjures up the image of a dwarf named Bashful?

Bare Island Blonde Ale from Klamath Basin Brewing Co. - The Creamery Brew Pub And Grill