Bourbon Barrel Aged Porter | Mad Anthony Brewing Company

Mad Anthony Brewing Company
Indiana, United States
madbrew.com

Style: American Porter

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by SwiftyMcBeer on 01-08-2009

4.25/5  rDev +19.4%

4.75/5  rDev +33.4%

3.5/5  rDev -1.7%

3.88/5  rDev +9%

Had this on tap at the Fort Wayne location. I've been anticipating the release since I first saw the sign posted at the brewpub.

Pours dark as night with a nice caramel head. Awesome lacing.

Smells of bourbon.

Tasts of bourbon with some very slight chocolate notes.

Pretty solid mouthfeel.

This brew was a bit heavy on the Bourbon in both the smell and taste, but I was expecting that so I wasn't disappointed. The abv is up there aways and could sneak up on you if you're not careful

2.94/5  rDev -17.4%

Had this on-tap at the Warsaw location. Poured a dark brown, with hints of red in it, little to no head. Nice sweet smell, you can really notice the bourbon. The bourbon comes out even more strongly in the taste, really sweet, hints of vanilla running through it. The alcohol is quite noticeable as well, and the sweetness becomes overwhelming. It was a chore by the time I was halfway through the glass. Appreciate the effort but this was a miss in my opinion.

Bourbon Barrel Aged Porter from Mad Anthony Brewing Company