Duluth Red Ale | Fitger's Brewhouse

Added by Redrover on 05-30-2012

4.25/5  rDev +4.9%

3.5/5  rDev -13.6%

3.48/5  rDev -14.1%

This was on tap during my latest visit to Fitger’s. Note that the wine store next door was also selling it in bottles. Served in s standard pint, the beer is a dark opaque garnet with a sticky beige head (note that most Fitger’s beers have great lacing and this one is no exception).

It has a grainy, slightly earthy nose.

This was a mild mannered red. It has leads and finishes with grains with some plum and more of that earthy quality in the middle. I can’t put my finger on what that earthy taste is, but it really doesn’t add or distract from the beer, it is just there. Hops are pretty much MIA and I for one would like to see a little more assertive hop presence.

The mouth is average. Not a serial repeater for me as Fitger’s offers so many other beers that I really enjoy.

Duluth Red Ale from Fitger's Brewhouse