Trouble Winter Ale | Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery

Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery
Minnesota, United States
townhallbrewery.com

Style: Winter Warmer

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by feloniousmonk on 01-01-2003

4.08/5  rDev 0%

Deep violet color, smallish head. Aroma is subtle, but still some spiciness. I was told it was like a barleywine, which sold me, but I'm not getting the distinctive aroma I associate with the style. Some fruits, bright ones, cherries, etc. The fruitiness remains on the palate. Malt is high, hops a bit low. That's the difference, I now realize. My favorite barleywines always have a pronounced hop profile, and I'm thrown off by any that are less hoppy. Very tasty, very pleasurable this, very happy. I'm getting the feeling of a lambic here, with the touch of sourness required, although a little syrupy, a little buttery, even. Very merry, as in Christmas, very jubilant, as in New Year. Who needs champagne?

Trouble Winter Ale from Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery