Barry's Best Bitter | Saugatuck Brewing Company

saugatuckbrewing.com

Style: English Bitter

Added by adamette on 10-19-2009

4.53/5  rDev 0%

This was spot on for a best bitter. Copper red color with a 1 finger head that laced nicely. Taste of buiscut and sweet dark fruit malt. At 4.2 ABV this was a great session beer and I could have drank these all day. This is my favorite style of beer and this was the best - best bitter I have had.

3.11/5  rDev 0%

On tap into clean, clear glass.

A Medium brown, caramel translucent body under creamy head that dissipates down to a ring of broken island of head in the middle. 3.5

S Not much smell at all. A little malt, bitter smell. 2.5

T Malty, some bitter barley, hops. Drinkable but not inspiring. 3.0

M Medium feel, just fine. 3.0

D Good. 4.0

Notes: I don't think that this beer (or the other Saugutuck beer that I had today) took too many chances. They were both "safe bets" and it shows.

Barry's Best Bitter from Saugatuck Brewing Company