Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Availability: Spring

Added by StoutHunter on 05-28-2012

3.25/5  rDev -14%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.54/5  rDev -6.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

A good Imperial IPA, just not a great one. Worth a try, but probably only once.

2.71/5  rDev -28.3%

Has very little to offer for those looking for a Hop experience. It ends dry and nondescript. Glad it was on sale. Will not be purchasing again. .

3.66/5  rDev -3.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.92/5  rDev +3.7%

3.08/5  rDev -18.5%

3.2/5  rDev -15.3%

Served in a Trooper shaker pint glass.

So...is this an ever-lasting beer...? Anyway, this stuff pours a clear brass-amber topped by a finger of lightly off-white foam. The nose comprises buttery biscuit, grapefruit zest, and light pine. The taste begins with some mild caramel, which then dovetails into a unimodal curve of resiny bitterness on into the finish. The body is a light-leaning medium, with a light moderate carbonation and a drying finish. Overall, this is a passable IPA, but the resiny character does not do it any favors. I'll likely pass on this one in the future.

2.75/5  rDev -27.2%

3.5/5  rDev -7.4%

Pours a nice orange color with a light beige , fluffy head.

No over powering aroma detectable, just kinda a little , lighter hop aroma.

Hop bitterness up front , tasty , not overly hoppy, malty , I was expecting a big hop bash, maybe some outstanding hop flavor, continually hopped I guess I expected a lot more from the hop,profile, and 110 ibu's? maybe not-so-much, Hop Stoopid I think is 105, and I def get that.

I would'nt buy this again, but with that being said, I will not dump the rest, might throw one in a trade, if I do it soon enough.

3.6/5  rDev -4.8%

3.75/5  rDev -0.8%

3.8/5  rDev +0.5%

4.25/5  rDev +12.4%

Pale orange to amber pour with two finger white head. Medium lacing. Citrus and pine forward with a slight floral nose at the end. Nice and dry

4.3/5  rDev +13.8%

I wrote a great freakin review of this wonderful super bitter aipa, one of my recent favorites. Unfortunately, the horrible BA redesign lost my work.

Let's just say its bitter and thick and pretty in the glass with a robust, profound aroma. Everything an over the top aipa should be.

In not happy to have to rewrite the review (it was nothing like this), but I want to make sure this excellent brew gets my hearty endorsement.

Nice blend for a IPA..