Golden Spike IPA | John Harvard's Brewery & Ale House

John Harvard's Brewery & Ale House
Massachusetts, United States
johnharvards.com

Style: American IPA

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by PatandDavid on 07-24-2005

3.5/5  rDev -5.4%

4.1/5  rDev +10.8%

This is actually my favorite of the John Harvard's IPA choices. I've only seen it at their Framingham brewery and not sure if they even offer it at other locations.

Bright Golden in color and brighter than most IPA's.

A little thin on head, but lacing is nice.

Smell screams of toasted malt (bread or biscuit) and fresh hops.

Taste is very well balanced and a wonderful finish. Hop character is not overpowering yet lingers quite a bit.

I'm not sure they consider this a West Coast IPA, but it certainly fits the bill for what I consider one.

Get to Framingham if they have it available and try one.

3.51/5  rDev -5.1%

Nice change, as this beer when served was a light bright golden. The frothy head did a nice job leaving lace all throughout the glass. Medium mouthfeel. Smell was more bready than hoppy. That extended into the taste as well, but since I am an intrepid beer drinker, I was able to find some hoppy tase in the finish of this one.

Golden Spike IPA from John Harvard's Brewery & Ale House