Okily Dokley | John Harvard's Brewery & Ale House

John Harvard's Brewery & Ale House
Massachusetts, United States
johnharvards.com

Style: Flanders Oud Bruin

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Hojaminbag on 03-18-2009

3.5

3.5/5  rDev 0%

I think I got the name of this one right, it was not written on the menu so I had to go by what the server told me. Either way, I'm sure it is not in the database because there are not any Oud Bruins that are active anymore.

A dark ruby colored body with a finger of beige head that has pretty good retention and leaves a decent amount of lacing behind.

Smell is malty and fruity, with sweet and dark fruits mixing together.

There is just a touch of tartness here, and it is the smallest amount I could image. It shows up and disappears immediately. Malt sweetness that reminds of a light, sweet type of toffee mixes with a pretty large amount of fruit flavors that include cherries, grape, and some other general dark-fruitiness.

Mouthfeel is medium bodied, carbonation is about the same.

Pretty drinkable. Nothing mind blowing but pretty solid overall.

Okily Dokley from John Harvard's Brewery & Ale House