Buckland Brown Ale | John Harvard's Brewery & Ale House

Liked:
2.56/5
Alströms:

2.56/5  rDev 0%

Brewed with Pale, Caramel, Chocolate, and Black malts. Hopped with Fuggles.

This was a brown, hazy brew with a thin layer of head that left no lacing on the glass.

Aroma was VERY out of place. The major component I got was a sulfury smell... kind of like the brewer had eaten beans the night before if you get my drift. There was also some butteriness. Some darker malt was there, but the sulfur was predominant.

Taste was medium malts, some nuttiness and caramel. Not too bad as long as you didn't sniff when you swallowed.

Mouthfeel was plain and average, not a lot of body.

Drinkability... I am glad I was just tasting my father's glass. I couldn't have downed even a sample size of this one.

Buckland Brown Ale from John Harvard's Brewery & Ale House