Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Cripple Creek | John Harvard's Brewery & Ale House

Style: Flanders Oud Bruin

A sour mashed Belgian brown aged on Montmorency Cherries

Added by Jason on 04-23-2012

4.73/5  rDev 0%

A-a wonderfull cherry color that becomes a moderate brown when lit from above. Lacing is slight but acceptable to style

S- slight phenolic smell and some cherry in the nose

T- slight sourness that comes welcome with the long walk to get it. A blast of cherries that is sweet upfront and mellows to go very well with the beer. I get a slightly wood taste that makes this beer more complex and admirable.

M- the carbonation is spot on for the style

O- a great beer, this is a flanders that I would enjoy again in the future. Big ups to the Brewmaster, and bartender who asked me if I would like to try something a little different and brought this beauty to me.

Cripple Creek from John Harvard's Brewery & Ale House