Atlantic IPA

From:
BrewPub København

Denmark
Avail:
Retired (no longer brewed)
Wants
Gots
SCORE
n/a
Atlantic IPAAtlantic IPA
Notes:
Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 4
3.11/5  rDev -19.8%

The colour is copper-amber; the high firm head is airy and pale beige. There is some lacing. The beer is bottle conditioned and the liquid is a bit hazy.

The smell got the signature scent of American hops: Rich dry grapefruit flavours. There are also some sweet notes of yeast, bread (rye), fruit candy and some bitter notes (I had expected more of that).

The taste didn’t give me any hop-kick-in-the-ass either. The taste is very fruity with quite a lot of sweetness, lemon candy, grass and hints of toffee. The aftertaste got some grassy/flowery/fruity notes, a fine bitterness and some lightly matured notes of wood. The finish got a mild taste of honey.

The carbonation is quite mild with lots of small fresh bubbles. The liquid is semi-smooth.

This American IPA is a little too reserved for me, I want more flavours than this one offered!

4.8/5  rDev +23.7%

This is close to the perfect beer. I cannot rate this beer a perfect 5 because the beer I had following this beer was even better. The smell on this American/English IPA is sweet and really enticing. The pour is a dark amber with a very creamy head that stays for hours (as if the beer would even be there that long). The taste is a extremely well conditioned IPA that flows across the tongue better than most every beer I have had. The mouthfeel is amazing as it is a combination of a creamy cask-conditioned ale and a bitter hop based beer. AMAZING!! As far a drinkability goes....I think you know where I stand.

3.84/5  rDev -1%

To date this is the only beer that BrewPub has served in a bottle you can buy from your local market. Unfortunately, I have to say that it might be better off if it was not bottled. Three days ago I tasted the beer on-tap at the pub and it was absolutely wonderful and fresh. However, when I tried this beer from the bottle bought at a local store, it was not as fresh and, in fact, tasted much the opposite. This beer was still enjoyable to drink, but all the great things that you expect from an IPA (smell of hops, fruit-like taste) seemed to be missing. DO NOT TRY THIS BEER IN THE BOTTLE... BUY IT AT THE PUB!

Atlantic IPA from BrewPub København