Kentucky Kaffinator | The Livery

Added by LilBeerDoctor on 12-24-2010

3.5

Reviews by LilBeerDoctor:
2.56/5  rDev -26.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Reviewed on 6/27/2010. On tap at the brewpub. Pours a dark brown with a white head. Aroma of bourbon and sweet malt. Flavor is very sweet with lots of malt and too much bourbon presence. I didn't get any coffee and unfortunately, the sweet bourbon notes made the sweet malt of the doppelbock base even sweeter, resulting in a super sweet mess. This was hard to drink.

3.9/5  rDev +11.4%

OK I was really excited to find a sour in this, ever though it was absolutely not what I was expecting. coffee taste is secondary to the sour.

I had this on tap at the livery, and I found that people either loved or hated it.

A- dark with little to no head
s- coffee and brown sugar, fruit
t- up front sour!!!
m- actually a little thinner than I would prefer
o- really good, surprising beer. Nothing else like it out there because who but the livery would fathom a sour / coffee mix.

DO IT!

4.05/5  rDev +15.7%

On tap at MI Brewer's Guild. 7/23

A-dark brown body with a nice tan head

S-coffee, sugar and dark fruits

T-Almost exactly like it smells. Wouldn't have thought it was a doppelbock!

M-medium body and smooth...

O-Very solid. Crazy drinkable and glad I got two . Wish more doppelbocks were like this.

Kentucky Kaffinator from The Livery