Heidelberg Hefeweizen | Rocky River Brewery & Grille

Style: Hefeweizen

Added by stirgy on 04-24-2002

Reviews by Loki:
4.27/5  rDev +22.3%

The nose was very flowery with citrus and lemon. The taste was of a very traditional hefe with clean crisp citrus, and a suttle orange flavor and hints of malt and hops. The color was a cloudy, golden wheat like one would expect from a hefe. The head was hard to determine as we were using small sample glasses. Sampled many times to get an acurate judgement. I would drink this over hoegaarden or many other macro hefes.

2.16/5  rDev -38.1%

Funky yeast aroma - had this been a bottled beer I would blame it on oxidation, but I had this on tap at the brewpub! Flavor was the same, bland, slightly plastic taste. Even a slice of lemon could not salvage this dismal brew.

3.77/5  rDev +8%

This was a nice hefe. It's a bit maltier than usual hefe. Nice big esters in the flavor and aroma. While the flavors was pretty good for the style, the beer lacked the great head I expect from a hefe.

3.77/5  rDev +8%

This one struck me as a rather different hefe than some more traditional versions I have had. It was poured with a nice head on it and was a pale straw color. There was some hefe aromas to it, but more yeasty than typical banana/clove. The taste was actually rather tart and slightly sour, now, being a big fan of gueuze, I actually enjoyed that about it. I cannot say this beer is for everyone, but if you like tart things, go for it!!

Heidelberg Hefeweizen from Rocky River Brewery & Grille