Oatmeal Stout | Square One Brewery & Distillery

Square One Brewery & Distillery
Missouri, United States
squareonebrewery.com

Style: Oatmeal Stout

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Availability: Spring

Added by Vancer on 03-27-2009

3.46/5  rDev -11.1%

A - Very dark brown with a small off-white head. Retention was pretty good considering the small head formation. There was very little lacing.

S - Roasted malt, coffee, and some chocolate. However, all of these were slightly muted and I was surprised by the lack on aroma.

T - A litte bit sweet upfront, but this soon blends into some nice roasted malt flavors. Slightly bitter in the finish.

M - Carbonation was spot on but it was a little too watery in the overall body.

D - Very drinkable but I'm not sure I would want to drink more than one. A better than average Oatmeal Stout.

3.88/5  rDev -0.3%

Had this pumped into pint glass from cask at maybe just a hint warmer than cellar temp produced a nice, thick and creamy head over rich, darkness. Light smell of chocolate and coffee on the nose with much more in the taste with coffee, malt and chocolate melded together well into quite a smooth brew...well balanced and very drinkable.

4.33/5  rDev +11.3%

A brand new offering from SQ1 - and I was lucky enough to be one of the first to have a pint pulled for me.

Damn, is it the cask, or is the beer just this good? Most likely the combo.

Of course, a black brew pumped with a deep tan head floating on top - plenty of lace to this rich brew.

Soft and rich aroma and tastes of malt, chocolate, coffee, and toasty bread. The mellow body from the cask just knocks me out, what a fine brew, and I luv good Oatys (one of my original favorite styles).

Better try this fine brew before it's gone for the season.

Oatmeal Stout from Square One Brewery & Distillery