American Brown Ale | Grand Rapids Brewing Co

Awaiting More Ratings

Grand Rapids Brewing Co
michiganmenu.com

Style: American Brown Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by GRPunk on 07-05-2007

Reviews by GRPunk:
4.07/5  rDev 0%

This was on the rotating tap. The menu said it was a new beer for the summer of '07. It claimed 60 IBUs from Summit, Cascade, and Amarillo hops.

On tap poured into a pint glass.

A- This beer poured a very dark brown with little in the way of a head or lacing. The color alone was quite nice though.

S- Mostly roasted malts came through in the aroma, but there were some definite earthy tones from the varied hops.

T- Very balanced. A little more hop flavor than I would expect out of a Brown Ale, but there were plenty of roasted malts to balance everything out.

M- Nice and smooth. It was very light in carbonation.

D- I could put many of these back in a single sitting. A combination of the smooth feel and rich flavor was just right. As I was into the beer, my food came and it was a nice pairing with the sausage platter with sauerkraut and potato pancakes. Yum

Overall- This is definitely something I'd come back to. I hope it stays in the regular rotation at GRBC.

American Brown Ale from Grand Rapids Brewing Co