Hefeweisen | Grand Rapids Brewing Co

Awaiting More Ratings

Grand Rapids Brewing Co
michiganmenu.com

Style: Hefeweizen

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Availability: Summer

Added by BeerAdvocate on 08-12-2002

Reviews by GRPunk:
3.6/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

On tap poured into a pint glass.

A- It poured a hazy yellow (almost fluorescent) with a thin white head. It was a bit light on the carbonation and lacing.

S- It was full of a clean lemon scent with some wheat tones backing it up.

T- Lots of citrus.

M- Thin, but not bad.

D- Very drinkable. Smooth and refreshing.

Overall- It wasn't a bad beer, but it doesn't touch the success I see with regularity from John's IPAs and Stouts. Hefe's are one of my favorite beer styles and I just expected a little more out of this one. While the citrus taste was good, I was hoping it to be balanced with the banana and clove flavor common with more of the German Hefes.

3.17/5  rDev 0%

NotesSep 27, 2008
A very light straw yellow color,with a thin white head.Nose of banana and clove,grass maybe some grain.Flavor was all Hef to me,wheat banana,cloves and maybe some citrus.acceptable mouthfeel,and a hop finish. I am no judge of this style,they all taste like icky hay beer to me but this was ok I suppose.

Hefeweisen from Grand Rapids Brewing Co