Rockies Brewing Sulleys Light Lager | Boulder Beer / Wilderness Pub

boulderbeer.com

Style: Light Lager

Added by Gusler on 03-30-2003

2.21/5  rDev +19.5%

A nice little place called Maggie's Attic in Mt. Dora, Florida, has a "Beer of the Month" club which we, my husband and I, joined and now receive 12 random beers a month. I guess that's a good thing since I'd have never bought this on my own. I'm a dark beer kinda girl and this is anything but. I'll try to be objective.

It's pretty. It smells peachy. Feels like Corona in my mouth. It's got a wang to it. Enough said? Nope. This is chick beer. Hoppy, light and if you're into that kinda thing, it's the beer for you. Not the beer for me, though.

2.91/5  rDev +57.3%

Brilliantly clear pale auric hue. Lean, but persistent porcelain white head yields lace. Vague waft of doughy malt with a trace floral, noble twang in aroma. Nothing else is there. Typically vapid aromawise for a "light". In flavor, hop bitterness is surprisingly assertive considering the meager body, and lends the main strength of this brew-- it's a thirst quencher. Nothing more, nothing less. The dominant malt character is a hair of dextrin malt sweetness with a tinge of husky American 2-row. Bland, but clean and innocuous all around. Well attenuated and well carbonated, with a skimpy body. Finishes abrupt and dry, with an afterthought of bready sweetness and herbal hop flavor. While not a particularly good brew, it certainly fits the bill as a light brew. Innocuous and drinkable. I'll take this over any American macro lager any day.

1.06/5  rDev -42.7%

The prototypical lager/pils light golden yellow color on the pour, head small and bright white, and lace adequate. Nose typical lager malt, somewhat sweet, clean and fresh, start sweet, top cadaverous, finish watery, mildly acidic, sparsely hopped, dry and totally forgettable.

Rockies Brewing Sulleys Light Lager from Boulder Beer / Wilderness Pub