Coffee Stout (Vanilla Version) | Maihama Beer Koubou Harvestmoon Brewery At Roti's House

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Maihama Beer Koubou Harvestmoon Brewery At Roti's House
Japan
ikspiari.com

Style: Milk / Sweet Stout

Added by shigg85 on 04-05-2012

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 2
4.5/5  rDev n/a

Having a pint of this at Vivo in Ikebukuro. This brew is completely black with a thin coffee-hued head on it. The scent coming off this brew is like root beer, convincing me that this beer would be difficult for most novices. It smells almost like a beer version of absynth with a bit of licorice in the scent. However, as I take my first sip, an overwhelming espresso coffee flavor emerges with a hint of vanilla, just as the name promises! This brew is really a journey of smells and flavors. I say espresso specifically because of the very bitter aftertaste, even with the vanilla as a tracer. Again, this is not a beer for novices. This brew leaves cobweb lacing around the glass that reminds me of my undusted house as a child... not in any negative way, but in a familiar, comfortable way. I'm not sure if they serve this at the brewery around Tokyo Disneyland, but I will definitely look for it again as a dessert beer... and you should do the same if you can find it!

Coffee Stout (Vanilla Version) from Maihama Beer Koubou Harvestmoon Brewery At Roti's House