Esteemed Beer | Triumph Brewing Company

Triumph Brewing Company
New Jersey, United States
triumphbrew.com

Style: California Common / Steam Beer

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by GnomeKing on 03-09-2006

3.5/5  rDev 0%

On tap at the Princeton location.

Poured a medium amber color with an averaged sized off white head. Aromas of grains, caramel, and toasty. Tastes of the same graininess, caramel, ligthly fruity, bready, and toasted malts.

Notes from and tasted on: 3/7/09

4.33/5  rDev 0%

The beer was hazy and copper-colored, with decent head and thick lacing. The taste was biscuity, with fruit tastes that came through the more I drank. The fruit flavors were subtle, evenly balanced between tartness and sweetness. Triumph brewed a Jewish Rye with caraway seeds recently, and, maybe I'm crazy, but there seems to be just the slightest hint of caraway seeds in this. (There aren't really, but there's a very vague flavor that gives that impression.)

This beer wasn't what I expected, with only Anchor Steam to clue me in on the steamed beer/California Common style. This one is much better than Anchor, me thinks.

I had this before it even got added to the chalkboard, so it was perfectly fresh. Get it while you can.

Esteemed Beer from Triumph Brewing Company