Warrior Ale | Rogue Ales

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Rogue Ales
Oregon, United States
rogue.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by feloniousmonk on 06-04-2003

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 2
3.97/5  rDev n/a

The bottle sports, in classic rogue fashion, some guy with:
1.his fist in the air
2.holding a beer
3.just smiling.

In this case, some Mr. T wannabe is flexing his mega guns at the drinker.

Slighty hazy amber with a good Rogue-esque head. Split this bomber with the little lady, and hers somehow ended up with the bigger head...who'd have thought I could pour it accidently that way?!

My first assumption was "ahh, this ones all warrior hops, hence the name." But it appears to have none of said hops, just lots of Cascade.

Big cirtus and pine hop presense, classsic cascade alright. Fruity and sweet aromas.

One of the best Rogues I've had, as far as balance goes. Really smooth hop to malt ratio, with lots of floral and herbal hop kick. I'm not sure if this is a re-bottling of another Rogue, but it tastes damn fine. I recommend this to anyone who sees it on the shelf.

4.32/5  rDev n/a

We begin our appreciation of the presentation by admiring the biceps of the manly man on the silkscreened label, presumably the Richard Marcincko that the beer is dedicated to, and what else does Mr. M. have to say? "Thou shalt not like it, thou hast just to do it. Thou shalt Keep It Simple, Stupid. Thou shalt never assume. There are no rules- thou shalt win all all costs." Hokay, without even cracking the crown, I've got my program before me! I'm guessing Richard M.'s a wrestler?
I've also checked the ingredients in all my saved Rogue bottles to be sure that this is not a re-bottled something else, and it doesn't match up, so here we go...
Appearance: a hazy, solid peach color, good, fluffy white head.
Aroma: zesty, citrusy (grapefruit, orange, peach, more?), very fruity, sweet, richly aromatic, earthy and rare.
Taste: unique! Substantial, yeasty, citric, delicious! Lots of sweet and tart hops dancing on the tongue, plenty of malt at work, gobs of yeast, still lively. Damn! Great tasting! Full malt, full hops, this brew ain't missing nothing is it? Feels a bit like Dead Guy...hmm, that bottle's missing from my collection...I'm not drinking re-packaged Dead Guy, am I? (It's been nearly 6 months since I've had one).
No, I don't think so, though I welcome anyone to correct me. This is a substantially fruity ale, a fuller amber, a bolder pale, but great tasting to THE EXTREME!!!
Another nice one from Rogue!
thanks to weefishheads!