Cerveza Taina - IPA | Old Harbor Brewery Steak & Lobster House

Style: American Black Ale

Added by Noelito76 on 03-26-2010

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 4
4.41/5  rDev +1.1%

I had to list it separately from the other Taina(s) listed because they call all their seasonals Taina.

It poured from the tap into a pint glass and it was a really dark Amber. Darkest IPA I've ever seen in my limited experience. Like someone here else who reviewed an Old Harbor beer I had the pleasure of meeting Wolfgang the brewmaster who said he would call this beer a "dark IPA" recognizing the distinction between it and West Coast IPA's which I identified as my favorite style.

I said the IPA was the best of their offerings (their stout a close second) with a nice malty flavor to go with a nice hoppy finish. The malt might even cause most BA's to call this beer a balanced APA but anyone who knows Puerto Rico knows this is as good as it gets for hoppiness.

Cerveza Taina - IPA from Old Harbor Brewery Steak & Lobster House