Panther City Porter | The Covey Restaurant & Brewery

Style: American Porter

Added by GregSVT on 08-28-2010

4/5  rDev 0%

On tap at The Covey.

The beer pours a dark brown to black color with a cream-colored head. The aroma is roasted malt with some piney hops mixed in. The flavor is very good. I get a lot of roasted malt, chocolate, coffee and pine. The bitterness is low to medium. Medium carbonation and a medium mouthfeel, which was a little thinner than I like in a porter but nothing to get too upset about. A very nice piney, hoppy porter.

4.05/5  rDev 0%

Growler bought at the brewpub, served in a snifter

A: Pours a deep cola color with a tan head that fades to a ring leaving a small bit of lacing.

S: The nose is roasty malt, coffee, and a sweet cocoa aroma. Pretty standard porter and smells great.

T: The taste is mainly coffee and roasted chocolate malt with a slight vanilla flavor on the finish. It's sweet yet roasty and about par for the style.

M: The feel is slightly creamy but a bit light for the style. It's bordering the light side of medium but the flavors really last on the palate.

D: Pretty good porter and I believe the ABV isn't that high so I'm not having a hard time drinking this growler. I would definitely order this again.

I had samples of this on tap at the brewpub as well which led me to choose this as my growler. The price is pretty good as well. A definite must try if you visit the place.

Panther City Porter from The Covey Restaurant & Brewery