Riverside Red | Appalachian Brewing Company

Liked:
4.02/5
Alströms:

Reviews by Edwin:

Served on tap at Appalachian Brewing Company.

Appearance - Pours a rich garnet/ruby red with a creamy white head on top. The head in my glass actually seemed to stay for about half the pint. A beauty.

Smell - ABC's malts punch you in the face yet again. THen some caramel and nutty overtones hit with a small hint of maybe some honey.

Taste - Again with the malts, however, they really compliment this beer nicely. The taste of caramel comes through with a pinch of some fruitiness left over. A nutty finish.

Mouthfeel - Nicely carbonated with little to no bite or pinch on the tongue. A very warm welcome for this brew.

Drinkability - THis might be my favorite of the 'regular rotation' of ABC brews. I find myself drinking these at Senator's games all the time. A very easy-to-drink brew that reminds me of summer and baseball. Very enjoyable!

4.14/5  rDev +3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This beer is very dark reddish brown with a very thin white head that dissipates fast. It has a mild aroma; its malt flavor is strong but is overpowered by a hop that completes this perfect blend to create an amazing beer. This kind of reminds me on an IPA…slightly. This beer is highly recommended; I waited a full year just itching just to be able to taste this again. It is a specialty in February. ABV 4.87% IBU18.50

3.75/5  rDev -6.7%

4.05/5  rDev +0.7%

A great blend of hops and malt for a smooth highly drinkable ale. A deep red in color. This beer smells fruity and slightly hoppy which is exactly how it tastes. Lightly carbonated and quite refreshing.

3.79/5  rDev -5.7%

Poured chilled into a pint glass, this Red Ale pours an amber color with slight reddish tones. It leaves a 1/3 inch creamy, milky head with lots of clinging to my glass. It actually reminds me of a stout head (like a Guinness). Aroma is of brown malts with a touch of hops mixed in. Toffee or caramel comes through a little, but nothing jumps out at me to be worthy of discussion. However, taking a sip, I am rather happy! I taste mostly hops and sweetness (plums maybe or another fruit I can't distinguish), but it has a nice subtle hops finish. Enjoyable flavor making it easy to drink! The carbonation is a little bitey up front on the sip, but then gets rather smooth and enjoyable as it crosses my palete. Very easy to drink..."Please sir, may I have another?"

4.03/5  rDev +0.2%

When brought to the table you first notice the deep ruby rich color through the glass. This beer has a nice head (about an inch), but it depends on how long it sits at the bar before it gets to you. It leaves a small lace behind. Both white in color. The aroma has a fruit and small hop appeal to it. The taste reflects the aroma very well. The bubbles are visible in the glass, and it finishes very well. A good beer.

4.4/5  rDev +9.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4

A very good beer, if a little on the sweet side. I was looking to tone down on the hops for this damp day, and this beer was a great fit. Nice amber color, hint of hop and a sweet finish. Good head and lacing. Good to the last drop and hoghly recommended.

Riverside Red from Appalachian Brewing Company