Imperial Pilsner | Harvest Moon Brewery & Cafe

harvestmoonbrewery.com

Style: American Double / Imperial Pilsner

Added by BeerAdvocate on 07-28-2009

3.15/5  rDev 0%

On tap in a pint glass at the Brewpub, prior to a WHALES meeting.

A - Reddish-orange with one finger of head

S - I pick up a slight spicy hop aroma

T - Taste has a harsh booziness to it, with a malty finish. This is far maltier than I expected, and it comes off pretty good. There is some kind of aftertaste that I don't really care for.

M - crisp carbonation, high residual sweetness makes this a bit chewy

D - The 8% ABV really comes through here, a little too boozy for my tastes. The lingering aftertaste also doesn't do it for me.

Not my favorite Harvest Moon brew by far, but an interesting adaptation of the style

Imperial Pilsner from Harvest Moon Brewery & Cafe