Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Donner & Blitzed | Milestone Brewing Company

Style: Winter Warmer

Added by BlackHaddock on 08-22-2012

2.59/5  rDev 0%
look: 4 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

500ml Bottle conditioned: best before Oct 2012, this was one of a three beer box set given to me last christmas (2011).

Pours a beautiful deep ruby red colour, clean and see through (I left a fair bit in the bottle as I poured). On top a large foaming head of biege bubbles.

Earthy and slightly sour in taste and aroma: I wonder if it's off? This is a live tasting and I hate throwing beer away.

Currants and candid dark fruit flavours are begining to climb out the beer, both in taste and smell, it's getting better!

Still acidic though: bad nuts and stale beer sort of feel to the whole thing.

Need food to help me finish this: strong farmhouse Cheddar sorted it out. A big disappointment to be honest, hope the other two from the pack (different beers) are better.

If it was supposed to taste like a Belgian sour beer my scores could have been at least dubbled, but I don't think it was.

Donner & Blitzed from Milestone Brewing Company