2nd Anniversary Ale | Kern River Brewing Company

Style: Belgian IPA

Added by womencantsail on 04-15-2011

3/5  rDev 0%

4.1/5  rDev 0%

This review is from old notes. So no, I'm not just now drinking a 3 year old IPA.

A: The pour is a golden color with a nice big head on it.

S: There are Belgian yeast notes coming from this, but not as intense as I expected, I have to say. It's fairly well dominated by American hops. Great citrus and pine aromas to the beer with a light yeastiness in the background providing some spice notes.

T: Great hoppy flavor to the beer. Nice citrus and floral notes with a bit of pine and herbs. The yeast flavor gives off a subtle spiciness and there is a moderate maltiness, but overall the beer isn't all that sweet.

M: Medium in body with a moderate carbonation.

O: This was my first beer from Kern River and remains as one of my favorites.

2nd Anniversary Ale from Kern River Brewing Company