Smuttynose Hugs And Rainbows | Smuttynose Brewing Company

Liked:
3.88/5
Alströms:

3.87/5  rDev -0.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

3.75/5  rDev -3.4%

3.99/5  rDev +2.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Bottle from Bert's
Pours a hazy medium golden orange color with a decent sized bubbly white head that slowly dissipates to a cap. Aromas of tart cherry and earthy funk with hints of vanilla and oak tannin. Very light whiffs of brown sugar and mineral water round out the aroma. The flavor holds some nice lightly tart fruit flavors offset with a solid hit of earthy funk and just a hint of wood character. Medium body with a moderate level of carbonation and a tart lightly chalky almost ashy mouthfeel. Quite fruity for a sour ale, I was a hater when I first poured, but this one really grew on me especially as it warmed and opened up.

3.78/5  rDev -2.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Although I was told by the server that this was an American Ale, I think this is better described by as a Faro.

Light head that leaves only a couple of spots. Dark amber color and clear.

Smells more tart than sweet. There's a bit of raspberry to the aroma as well.

Reminds me of sour apples. There's a touch caramel but without any sweetness. This reminds me of lambic. Chewy body but mostly from the lower level of carbonation.

Smuttynose Hugs And Rainbows from Smuttynose Brewing Company