Smuttynose Star Island Single - Sterling Hops | Smuttynose Brewing Company

Style: Belgian Pale Ale

Added by JizackFH on 07-19-2011

3/5  rDev 0%

3.58/5  rDev 0%

Had on Cask earlier today at Bierkraft in Brooklyn, NY.
Reviewed from notes.

A - This beer pours a hazy orangish yellow color. It kind of reminds me of tropicana orange juice. It has a slightly off-white loose sudsy head on it. The head fell pretty quickly and left a few specs of lace behind.

S - It smells of wheat, coriander, and citrus up front. It also smells a bit grainy and there is a nice hop presence. Overall, the smell was a bit faint.

T - It taste of wheat, citrus, coriander, and a mild hop flavor. There are also some flavors of tropical fruit and a slight bitterness. The finish is a bit dry and leaves behind a bit of lingering hop bitterness and fruit flavor.

M - This has a light to medium body and lower carbonation. It goes down easy and has a smooth feel to it. I also found it to be pretty refreshing, and there was a slight dryness in the finish.

O - There is pretty good drinkability here. I could easily drink a few of these in an evening. Overall I thought it was a pretty good beer. I liked it better than the regular Star Island Single. I think this is a nice beer to have on a hot summer day. I would drink it again.

Smuttynose Star Island Single - Sterling Hops from Smuttynose Brewing Company