Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Lysée Noire | AMB - Maître Brasseur

Availability: Spring

Added by Phyl21ca on 02-07-2008

Reviews by Molson2000:

1.45/5  rDev -39.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

Bottle under the ''Lysée Noire'' label: Poured a clear black porter with a small foamy head with average retention. Aroma of weak coffee with some notes of DMS. Taste is also comprised of weak coffee with some light roasted notes and some DMS. Body is really thin with medium carbonation. I didn't find nothing remotely interesting and here and definitely not something I am likely to buy again.

1.73/5  rDev -27.3%

this beer pours a purple color. Is it prune juice?

The taste is horrible. Stale coffee, grapes, and rotten grain. I really dont like anything from this brasseur.

The mouth is dry and rotten. I really dont enjoy this brew at all.

Overall, I wouldn't try this brew again either!

2.36/5  rDev -0.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Pours a dark brown/black with minimal head.

Thanks to iconoklaztor for trading me this one.

Smells like corn nuts. Maybe a little grape juice. Definitely not like any porter I've ever had. Tastes like... stale coffee. A little asparagus going on. I'm getting a lot from this beer, but none of it is all that good.

This beer leaves a terrible aftertaste that is hard to wash out.

Uniuqe but not recommended.

Lysée Noire from AMB - Maître Brasseur