Blond Ambition Belgian Style Blonde Ale | Barley Island Brewing Company

Barley Island Brewing Company
Indiana, United States
barleyisland.com

Style: Belgian IPA

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Availability: Fall

Added by Bitterbill on 10-31-2009

3.6

3.77/5  rDev +4.7%

Pours a clear yellow gold with a thin white head. Hints of apricot, toast and wheat. Soft and sweet, fleshy apricot. Very smooth. Sweet and crisp, nice little toast note on the finish. While this particular one didn’t blow me away, it’s at least something that makes me think there’s hope for the fruit infused wheat beer and lighter beers out there.

3.5/5  rDev -2.8%

3.57/5  rDev -0.8%

Bottle courtesy of TATTORSO. Thanks Jeff!

A Belgian Style Blonde Ale:

It pours a hazy yellow-orange with a small and fastly fading head of foam with some lacing.

Taking a few whiffs, I get some hoppy bitterness and some good notes of cloves and yeast.

The taste has some cloves and a good yeatiness but the main flavour I can taste is a honey like sweetness from the malt and if the hops could keep up with this, things would be fine. Sadly the balance isn't there and I find it just a bit over the top with the sweetness factor. Hm...some sips seem to better than others. Weird but that's what my palate is telling me.

Just a tad under medium bodied with the carbonation at lowish levels.

Drinkability? I don't feel a heck of a lot of alcohol, what ever it might be, and it does shine some with intermittent sips...I'm leaning towards ok drinkability. I'd love to see more reviews of this beer. My first from Barley Island Brewing.

3.52/5  rDev -2.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

Found the bottle at Alabama Liquor, decided we'd rock a local brew first.

Golden orange color is prevelant, with barely a wisp of head on top.

The aroma is highly spicy, a fall mix, with nutmeg, big malts spicy and sweet, apple as well.

Flavor is dominated initially by the malt. The finish is mild bitterness and sugar. Mild grape flavors and apple flavors, but the lack of impact is noted.

Watery, low carbonation in the mouthfeel, slick and weak.

Decent, but unassuming brew. Easy to drink but a very low impact beer, with nary a reason to try it again.

Blond Ambition Belgian Style Blonde Ale from Barley Island Brewing Company