Woodstock Pilsner | Woodstock Brewing Company (Beer Brands)

Awaiting More Ratings
Woodstock PilsnerWoodstock Pilsner

Woodstock Brewing Company (Beer Brands)
Georgia, United States
woodstockbrands.com

Style: German Pilsener

Added by Todd on 09-12-2006

2.31/5  rDev 0%

A - It pours a very yellow, cloudy, amber. Minimal head with no retention. Not very many bubbles, but don't let that fool you, this is a very carbonated beer.

S - At first all I could smell was an earthy dark smell. A very roasted and almost burnt scent was all I could get, but after swirling it around the glass an trying again I noticed quite a different aroma. I noticed some spice and nutty aromas, along with a very small hint of citrus.

T - A Roasted/burnt barley flavor that turns into a spiced appley flavor and finishes with a little lime , and just the slightest hint of orange citrus.

M - Fairly thin, and a little watery feeling. The carbonation is a little overwhelming at first. There is a slight burn (like Coke) when going down. The beer turns almost completely to foam when held in your mouth. My palate has a hard time picking up on the subtleties of the beer due the burning/tingling from the carbonation.

D - A very light beer that is easy to drink. The fact that it just lacks in the flavor department brings it down several rungs on my ladder. I do not love it, but I would drink another.

3.03/5  rDev 0%

The sister beer of the Woodstock (Double) IPA also came in a tie-dyed labeled bottle. The look was typical of a traditional Pilsner, with a very clear, pale yellow body, lots of bubbles, and an average sized but durable head. Aromatically it was not as clean and hoppy crisp as I like a Pilsner to be, with a sweet, lemony scent, and a touch of DMS. The taste was average, with a refreshing, but a little muddy profile. The lemon twist effect was a bit overdone to be to my liking, and the lingering hop bitterness was metallic rather than spicy. This would turn out to be a good thirst quencher on a hot summer day, and the remainder of the six pack will certainly come in handy while I hang out on the porch. If they could hop it up a notch, and clean up the slight off flavors, this would be so much better.

Woodstock Pilsner from Woodstock Brewing Company (Beer Brands)