Sawyer's Triple | Stone Brewing

Liked:
4.01/5
Alströms:

3.5/5  rDev -12.7%

Belgian twist, great sweet toffee and marmalade.

4.5/5  rDev +12.2%

3.97/5  rDev -1%

4.25/5  rDev +6%

3.98/5  rDev -0.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

Traded for a bottle or two of this many years ago, I believe this is the 2004 release.

Appearance - a slight haze to this tangerine/gold brew. A thin finger of white bubbles away fairly quickly but does manage to keep a scant cover for a while.

Aroma - sweet caramel and orange, light yeast and phenols.

Taste - starts out a bit pilsnery, but sweeter in the malts.Obviously, no bite in the hops at all some nine years later, yet the dryness of the style allows for good balance anyway. The yeast and phenols cut the sugar quite well, and the aftertaste has a really nice level of throat and belly warming. The end is easy, pleasant, warm, very nice.

Mouthfeel - crisp, thin, medium-bodied.

Overall - definitely aged longer than the recommended max of six months, but it tastes super. As a lighter tripel on the abv side,you should be so lucky to even have the option for a second or third of these in one sitting. Here's to Sawyer, may we exhibit similar courage when we need it most.

3.38/5  rDev -15.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

1123rd Review on BA
Bottle to Goblet
22 oz

Purchased from Stone @WinterStorm 2012

Shared with GuruDel

App- Freshly squeezed orange juice mixed with some yellow and golds. A bit unfiltered and a bit cloudy. No real head formed but had a nice ring of bubbles. Very small amount of cling towards the end.

Smell- Standard triple notes, but a bit faded. The yeast is still there with a small backing citrus note.

Taste- It was a pretty good triple. I just dont think its aging all that well. I am glad I got to try it as I love the style, but its a bit sweet with a softer yeast note. Has a certain flavor I can't put my finger on. The flavors are seeming to me at least of pullling apart a bit.

Mouth- A lighter medium body with a low-medium carbonation. Seemed a bit sweet on the finish with a little too much orange/lemon juice flavors.

Drink- I love the cause that this supports. I would gladly buy this beer again. It was good. I think I am just being nitpicky about it because its Stone and I love what they do.

3.5/5  rDev -12.7%