Java Stout | Maumee Bay Brewing Company

Maumee Bay Brewing Company
Ohio, United States
oh-maumeebaybrewingco.com

Style: American Stout

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Ellbert on 05-06-2004

4/5  rDev 0%

3.95/5  rDev 0%

Appearance: A nice dark chocolate color with a thin tan head. As the beer went down the head stayed but thinned a lot. There was a lot of nice lace... A good lookin' beer.

Smell: Smell was of fresh roasted coffee with burnt chocolate. A very coffee smelling coffee beer.

Taste: Very much coffee... It was like drinking carbonated chilled coffee. There was some chocolate flavor in there. There was also some bitterness, I think that was from the roasted malts and coffee. I could not dectect hops but my palate has a long way to go.

Mouthfeel: This was very creamy with a perfect amount of carbonation. It could have been a little thicker but I liked it.

Overall a very good beer. This would be a nice night cap in place of an actual coffee.

Java Stout from Maumee Bay Brewing Company