Pin Sylvestre | Les Brasseurs du Hameau

Awaiting More Ratings
Pin SylvestrePin Sylvestre

Les Brasseurs du Hameau
Quebec, Canada

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Added by Intrinsic on 03-03-2012

Reviews by Intrinsic:
3.45/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Pin Sylvestre is an OK looking beer, but a little bit murky. The head lasts forever though, so I gave it a little more than average. Its a dark-straw colour with loads of carbonation.

The smell is very interesting. I was expecting piney hops from this beer given the name and the fact that it says "pale ale and pine" on the label. But boy was I ever wrong. Have you ever tried spruce beer? Well this is a much more timid real-beer version that actually works quite well. It doesn't smell of piney hops. It actually smells of pine. And tastes like it too. But not much more to it than that. Its nice and dry, but a little bit too fizzy. Overall, I'm not sure I'd buy this again. I'm not even done half yet and I'm kinda tired of the taste of pine.

Pin Sylvestre from Les Brasseurs du Hameau