Rauchbier | Brau Brothers Brewing Co. LLC

Brau Brothers Brewing Co. LLC
Minnesota, United States
braubrothersbrewing.com

Style: Rauchbier

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by jera1350 on 06-26-2011

3.5/5  rDev 0%

3.47/5  rDev 0%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Had this on-tap at Monk's in Sioux Falls, SD.

Served in a pint a murky and muddled brown color with no head.

Lightly smoky nose. Some grilled bacon and camp fire, but pretty light on both accounts.

The smoke really doesn't hit until midway through the taste. When it does hit it is moderately smokey and not overpowering. Notes of burning wood smoke and bacon as well. I was a little disappointed in the lack of sweetness however in this one.

Lacking carbonation, but still meat meaty and lightly thick. Quite dry feeling with a medium body.

I was happy to try this one time brew from Brau. I think it's a good start, but needs to be refined a bit, which I'm sure they would do if offered again. I love this style and would love to see them pull it off.

Rauchbier from Brau Brothers Brewing Co. LLC