Stegmaier Amber Lager | Lion Brewery, Inc.

good
Stegmaier Amber LagerStegmaier Amber Lager

Lion Brewery, Inc.
Pennsylvania, United States
lionbrewery.com

Style: American Amber / Red Lager

Added by jpaltan on 01-20-2009

3.43/5  rDev +0.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.06/5  rDev -10.3%

Stegmaier Amber Lager brewed by Lion Brewery, Inc. with an ABV of 5.30%
This is an expired brew. so I will not be drinking it.
I pours out a deep amber color with a small white head.
Looks Like a half way decent brew.
Sorry this is all I have to say about this brew.
Overall I'm giving this brew a 3 out 5.

3.04/5  rDev -10.9%

2.75/5  rDev -19.4%

3.25/5  rDev -4.7%

2.5/5  rDev -26.7%

3.2/5  rDev -6.2%

Having read most of the reviews, and being brand new to this, there isn't anything I can add that hasn't been said. Copper/orange color, quick to fade head, little to no lacing. Nice easy to consume lager. Not fancy, just "reasonably good".

2.75/5  rDev -19.4%

4.25/5  rDev +24.6%

3.25/5  rDev -4.7%

4.3/5  rDev +26.1%

This is the first beer I have ever reviewed. I wanted to make sure the first one I did was Stegmaier Amber Lager from the Lion Brewery, as it is my favorite. I'm not beer-eduated enough to describe all the flavors/tastes that I come across in Amber. All I need to say is, this is the finest Amber lager I have come across, and that includes Yuengling. I love the caramel notes found throughout this beer, and the malty aroma.

I have had Steg Amber on draft and out of the bottle. On draft, there is no beer like it (granted I'm relatively new to the craft/micro beer scene). As far as bottles go, sometimes you get a great batch, other times, it can be a little stale-tasting. I would advise buying from the same distributor, that way you get it fresh.

Unfortunately, it appears as though the Lion Brewery has decided to halt it's production of their Amber Lager, quite possibly for good. From what I've heard from numerous distributors around Northeast Pa, Amber has always been a good seller. Aside from their Oktoberfest, Amber is the only thing the entire Lion franchise has going for it. Advertisment is practically non-existent for their products. I just recently tried Susquehanna Brewing's Goldencold Lager, and the Lion would be wise to revive their Amber.

2.91/5  rDev -14.7%

Stegmaier Amber

Pours a light copper color, off white head recedes away to a wisp with little lace. Very light aroma of bready malts and a whiff of hop. In the flavor, mild unoffensive pale malts, lager yeast strain, unoffensive adjunct (corn) flavor, small hop and a slight metallic twang to go with a mild but perceivable bitterness. Mouthfeel is light to medium/light, well carbonated, semi crisp. Overall, not too bad of beer that could be drank in mass quantities.

3.75/5  rDev +10%

3.15/5  rDev -7.6%

mber color and a smooth even head of white across the top. Aroma is of light grains, hints of mild hops and a touch of a bready note, pretty standard here. Nice even flavor, again mostly a bready, grain malt flavor with only a touch of hops to serve to try and even and balance it out. nice carbonation though and it went down smooth and easy with a crisp, clean finish and a nice bite at the end.

Stegmaier Amber Lager from Lion Brewery, Inc.